This opportunity's deadline has passed.
Remake Learning Days Across Pennsylvania CoordinatorRemake Learning
Background: As a signature program of Remake Learning, Remake Learning Days (RLD) began in the spring of 2016 in Southwestern PA as a celebration of innovative experiences and opportunities for youth to develop their sense of creativity, perseverance and curiosity and share in their learning experiences with their parents and caregivers. Over the years, Remake Learning Days has taken off with over 15 festivals across Pennsylvania, throughout the United States, and internationally.
RLD showcases regional learning opportunities with festival events hosted by schools, museums, libraries, after school organizations, early child care centers, parks, universities, media centers, tech startups and more. Events are designed to be hands-on, relevant and engaging educational experiences for youth of all ages (pre-K through high school) and their families, caregivers and educators. The majority of events are free and are organized by different learning themes such as: Arts, Maker, Outdoor Learning, Science, Technology and Youth Voice. In addition, there are Professional Development sessions for school, out-of-school, child care and non-traditional educators. Families, youth and educators can search events on the RLD website by date/time, location, learning theme, age group, and more.
Role Overview: From October 2023 to July 31, 2024, the RLD Across PA Coordinator will be an independent contractor who supports and reports to the Remake Learning Days Producer and Co-Producer while managing logistics for RLD Across PA. The person filling this position should reside within PA. They will have the opportunity to visit a variety of learning environments and engage and interact with educators, youth and caregivers across Pennsylvania. RLD Across PA takes place from May 2-22, 2024.
Scope of Work: Responsibilities of RLD Across PA Coordinator include management of:
Deliverable 1: Regional Leaders
- Management of RLD PA regional leaders across 7 regions which includes but is not limited to managing:
- regional service agreements & invoicing;
- timelines & budgets;
- at least 8 monthly meetings (all PA regions & one-on-one coaching with 7 regions)
- event submissions by February 2024 with a goal of 1000 events;
- regional and statewide marketing efforts for the festivals
Deliverable 2: Festival Hosting
- Planning and management of in-person RLD Across PA meeting (tentatively December 10, 2023 in Hershey, PA)
- Implementation & distribution of host awards to event hosts, up to $15,000 per region for a total of $105,000
- Working in collaboration with PDE to support and uplift the Career Ready PA initiative through affiliated festival events
- Involving and communicating with Festival Partners such as statewide affiliate organizations and national partners supporting the RLD Across PA festivals through increasing event hosts and marketing outreach
Deliverable 3: Community & Family Outreach
- Assist in the virtual fall Across PA event (tentatively October/November)
- Working in collaboration with discoverED on a statewide design challenge for elementary aged students
- Community & Family Outreach which also includes supporting the Youth, Parent and Teacher Ambassador program
Deliverable 4: Marketing & Website
- Marketing and PR outreach including creation of PA materials, local press releases and more
- Website updates to regional pages and event host submissions
Deliverable 5: Reporting & Evaluation
- Reporting updates to Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) as required
- Frequent program evaluation
- Evaluation of event hosts and event attendees
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong project management
- Strong financial management skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with software programs including: Google Suite, Eventbrite, Canva, WordPress and Zoom
- Ability to work under tight timeliness
This independent contractor position will require travel to locations across Pennsylvania several times a month between October 2023 and June 2024.
Fee: Range is $40,000-60,000 to be paid in monthly installments. Anticipated work commitment is up to 20 hours a week.
To apply, please share your resume and cover letter with Dorie Taylor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should answer:
How have you coordinated a community, region or state-wide project in the past?
Why do you feel family-engaged learning is important?
How would you encourage a variety of organizations to host events for youth and families?
How would you encourage youth and caregivers to attend learning events?
Will need PA clearances.