Remake Learning Grants
Helping network members transform ideas into action.
Remake Learning offers catalytic grants to support innovative learning projects and practices throughout southwestern Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia.
Moonshot Grants 2022
In 2021, 17 inaugural Moonshot Grantees received over $1 million of funding to build out experimental ideas, test new concepts, and find powerful ways to move the education field toward a new future of learning. These grantees challenged traditional notions of professional development, explored personalized learning in schools by abandoning traditional letter grades, and experimented with community-based, multigenerational learning. Learn more about our 2021 Round 1 and Round 2 recipients.
In 2022, Remake Learning will again distribute over $1 million in support of bold ideas for the future of learning. Round 1 propelled 9 new projects into the educational atmosphere.
Meet our 2022 Round 1 recipients!
Round 2 applications are now open. Applications are due November 1, 2022.
Preferred Future of Learning
Moonshot Grants will challenge applicants to envision their preferred future of learning—what they hope learning will look like ten to twenty years in the future. Grants of up to $70,000 will be awarded to successful applicants.
Ideas should be experimental, incorporate collaboration, and center equity and justice by supporting learners of color, learners in poverty, learners in rural areas, girls in STEM and/or learners with disabilities.
Compelling ideas will represent fresh initiatives aimed at shaping the future of learning rather than expanding upon initiatives that already exist.
For full opportunity details, download the 2022 Moonshot Grant explainer.
To be eligible for a Moonshot Grant, applicants must:
- Be a registered member of the Remake Learning network (to register, visit remakelearning.org/join)
- Be a 501(c)3 organization, school, university, or fiscally sponsored project
- You may have other entities and individuals in your application, but the applicant must be one of the entities listed above
- Be based in Remake Learning’s greater Pittsburgh service area, which includes the counties of Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Washington, and Westmoreland in Pennsylvania, as well as the counties of Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Monongalia, Ohio, Preston, and Wetzel in West Virginia
- All applicants must attend a Moonshot Grant informational workshop. Workshops attended in 2021 satisfy this requirement.
- Awardees must attend ongoing cohort workshops.
Find answers to common Moonshot Grant questions. Still stumped? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
1. Can my district/organization submit more than one proposal?
Only one proposal per organization will be reviewed per funding round. If your proposal is not awarded funding in Round 1, you are free to submit a proposal again in Round 2. If your proposal is awarded funding in Round 1, your organization will not be eligible for funding in Round 2.
2. Can my district/organization receive more than one Moonshot Grant?
Districts/organizations are eligible to receive only one grant.
3. Can I preview the proposal form?
Yes, a PDF of the application form will be available when the application period opens.
4. If awarded, when will I receive the grant funds?
Grant funds will be distributed by mail approximately one month after the notification date.
5. By when do grant funds need to be spent?
Grants will close one calendar year from award notification, with all funds needing to be spent by then.
6. Can my district/organization partner with another?
Partnerships are encouraged. If partnering with another organization, please select one to act as the primary applicant and recipient of grant funds.
7. Who will review Moonshot Grant proposals?
Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Remake Learning network members. Each proposal will be read and scored independently by two reviewers.
8. Who do I contact with questions or tech issues?
Questions can be directed to email@example.com.