Monitoring local, state, and federal education policies to support the scale and spread of learning innovation
The Innovative Education Policy Collaborative was a regional working group comprised of individuals and organizations who seek to monitor local, state, and federal education policies and their effect on learning innovation. We seek to scale and spread education innovation to ensure that each and every child in our region receives a high-quality education.
Read our publications:
$30 million state investment in CS
The PA Department of Education's PAsmart grants support schools, students, workers and businesses across the state. PAsmart will help Pennsylvanians develop the skills they need for the job they want. It will also support businesses through creating a skilled workforce to hire.
- Four Ideas to Help PA Teachers Remake Learning: Recommendations developed by the Learning Policy Institute in collaboration with members of the Remake Learning network (read the full report here)
- Voices from the Field: A cross-section of voices from the Pittsburgh region that provide insights for community members, school leaders, and policy makers, written by Remake Learning’s summer policy associate Josie Innamorato
- State Policy Framework for Personalized Learning: A guide developed by Knowledgeworks to help states create a plan for how to evolve their policy systems and ensure all students benefit from personalized learning opportunities
- ESSA and Personalized Learning: KnowledgeWorks’ state-by-state analysis of ESSA plans that identifies strategies that enable personalized learning
- Promising State Policies for Personalized Learning: iNACOL’s report for state policymakers seeking to create conditions to support personalized learning
- State-Level Policies Supporting Equitable K-12 Computer Science Education: Code.org and BNY Mellon’s state of the states landscape report on progress toward 10 policy priorities for broadening participation in K-12 computer science education
- Every Student Succeeds Act PA Consolidated State Plan: Pennsylvania’s consolidated plan for the state’s implementation of ESSA, the Every Student Succeeds Act
- We read the PA Every Student Succeeds Act so you don’t have to: A digest of the state of Pennsylvania’s plan to implement ESSA, with special focus on the parts most relevant to Remake Learning.
- Education Alliance Legislative Updates: Weekly updates from the Education Alliance of education topics discussed in West Virginia Legislative Sessions
- West Virginia Public Education Consortium Legislator’s Forum: An annual non-partisan event where legislative leaders come together with public education practitioners and experts in education and business