The mission of the Westmoreland Intermediate Unit #7 (WIU) is to provide a collective system of support to enhance educational opportunities for Westmoreland County communities and students. As an organization, WIU strives to equip all learners for success by providing high quality, purposeful, and fiscally responsible solutions to community needs.
- all learners are unique and capable of making a positive impact.
- all students can learn.
- the power of a good education improves quality of life.
- effective collaboration provides for optimal student opportunities.
- in fostering dynamic leadership and expertise.
- in portraying professionalism in every interaction.
- in embracing diversity.
WIU’s goals are three-fold:
- To operate as the premier leading expert for providing student, curriculum, technology, infrastructure, financial, and executive services.
- To operate as a state-level player for leading state initiatives.
- To operate as a purposeful entrepreneurial enterprise for educational opportunities.