Provident Charter School’s (PCS) is designed for children with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences. PCS helps students access their potential by providing a high-quality, well-rounded education that is delivered through multisensory instructional methods and individual learning plans. PCS students move into high school prepared to succeed and confident in their abilities.
The PCS mission supports the notion that some children learn differently, and by providing engaging opportunities for success along with direct explicit intervention, students can remediate learning deficits and be successful in school and beyond. As a tuition-free public charter school, PCS provides access to quality intervention at no cost to students during the school day.
PCS believes that children with dyslexia flourish in a learning community where:
- the child’s success is the driver of every decision
- the challenges and gifts of dyslexia are deeply understood
- the uniqueness of each child is honored — strengths are built upon; weaknesses are strengthened; and potential is unleashed
- the child’s academic, personal and social development share equal priority
- the partnership among teachers, parents, and administration is a daily commitment