Provident Charter School Foundation
Supporting Provident Charter School and their service to students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences
Provident Charter School Foundation (PCSF) supports the interests of Provident Charter School, providing training to educators and future educators in the Wilson Reading System. In the future, PCSF plans to expand its training opportunities to offer a variety of other supports for educators, especially educators of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences.
PCSF’s focus is guided by the mission and the fundamental beliefs of Provident Charter School.
The school’s mission is to help children with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences access their potential by providing a high-quality, well-rounded education, delivered through multisensory instructional methods and individual learning plans.
In addition, the school believes that children with dyslexia flourish in a learning community where:
- the child’s success is the driver of every decision
- the challenges and gifts of dyslexia are deeply understood
- the uniqueness of each child is honored — strengths are built upon; weaknesses are strengthened; and potential is unleashed.
- the child’s academic, personal and social development share equal priority.
- the partnership among teachers, parents, and administration is a daily commitment