The Foundation’s grant program primarily focuses on projects within the following areas:
– Community/Economic Development
– Cultural Advancement/Arts
– Human/Social Services
– Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
– The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is Pittsburgh and the southwestern Pennsylvania region.
– The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
– The Hillman Foundation does not consider requests for support of:
- specifically identified individuals
- organizations located outside of the United States
- travel expenses for groups
- meetings such as conferences, institutes, and seminars.