Grantmakers of Western Pennsylvania (GWP) is a professional membership association formed in 1985 by leaders who wanted to create a place where grantmakers could learn and work together to increase their community impact. It is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization serving 26 counties in western Pennsylvania.
GWP promotes excellence in philanthropy and supports an effective, growing philanthropic community that strengthens our region by:
- Build a community of grantmakers who are informed, effective and engaged
- Support knowledge-sharing and skills development so that grantmakers are effective individually, collaboratively and collectively
- Advance public policies that support effective philanthropy, a high-performing nonprofit sector and a thriving region
- Champion philanthropy and the sector it supports
- Promote public understanding of the value and characteristics of private philanthropy
GWP does not make grants or provide any financial assistance to other nonprofits. GWP is also the fiscal sponsor of the Remake Learning Council.