Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Term: 10-15 days of work between August 2023 and June 2024
Background: Remake Learning brings together innovative people and organizations to transform teaching and learning. We focus on key topics, practices, and pedagogies that help young people navigate a changing world—shaped by technological, social, and economic change—and prepare them for future success in work and life.
These topics, practices, and pedagogies change organically, over time, with input from our members.
Remake Learning is supporting the statewide expansion of the Chief Science Officer program in Pittsburgh. Additional details about the CSO program can be found here.
Role Overview: The CSO Cabinet Coordinator will act as the primary project manager for the rollout of the CSO program in Pittsburgh-based schools.
Scope of Work: Responsibilities of the CSO Cabinet Coordinator include:
- Conduct outreach to Pittsburgh-based secondary schools and recruit participation in the CSO program (August-September)
- Support, Plan, and facilitate 5 in-person and/or hybrid events for Chief Science Officers (6-12th graders). Events include:
- Support the planning of and attend 2-day leadership training for CSOs (September 27-28) –
- Plan and facilitate Fall and Spring Cabinet Meetings
- Plan and facilitate end-of-year celebration
- Attend brief monthly check-in meetings with the Regional, State and or International Coordinator
- Provide technical assistance to the CSOs and CSO advisors within the Cabinet
- Connect with Remake Learning staff to share updates and progress including Liaising with the regional steam ecosystem lead, Remake Learning Director, and the Communications Team.
- Document progress to be shared during an end of project blog post.
Ideal candidates will have strong project management skills and experience in facilitation. Candidates with existing connections to Pittsburgh-based schools are preferred.
Current Act 114, Act 34, and Act 151 clearances are required prior to an offer (Must be dated within 1 year of hire date).
Email resume and 1-page letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Letter of interest should outline your experience in project management, facilitation of student-facing events, and existing networks within Pittsburgh that you might utilize to successfully implement this program.