Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Special Projects Manager – Part-Time
Location: Pittsburgh / Southwest PA
The role’s primary responsibilities include:
- Build and manage relationships that help support and empower the local community of classrooms running EdCorps
- Foster ongoing and new relationships with funding partners, school partners, and community partners, with a special emphasis on developing and executing fundraising strategies
- Provide coaching and technical support to educators/classrooms using EdCorps throughout the Pittsburgh region
- Recruit and onboard new classes using EdCorps, with a focus on supporting youth furthest from opportunities
- Manage grant deadlines and reporting with various funding partners
- Collaborate with RWS team to amplify notable accomplishments from the Pittsburgh EdCorps community
- Communicate and collaborate with Team RWS to provide exemplary community-wide support to the EdCorps community.
- Attend and represent Real World Scholars at relevant community events and meetings.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all program activities.
This person (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities):
- Is organized with the ability to self-manage timelines effectively
- Enjoys building and maintaining relationships with new and current partners
- Has incredible communication skills (written and verbal) and practices
- Is familiar with the K-12 educational system and enjoys working with educators
- Is an activator, energized by new opportunities and relationships
- Has experience working with grant applications, reporting, and timelines
- Has strong project management skills and ability to manage shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Has a passion for advancing transformational educational opportunities for young people furthest from opportunity
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience working in K-12 education
- Experience building relationships across the Pittsburgh Community, with experience working in the Remake Learning Network a plus
- Grant writing and grant management experience
- Ability to travel around Pittsburgh/Southwest PA
- Experience with G Suite, Slack, and Monday.com a plus
The role is remote and part-time (50%). The salary range for the role is $34,000-$36,000 per year.
Please submit a copy of your resume and a cover letter (or a video, two minutes or less) below before April 5, 2023.