Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Readiness Institute at Penn State is a Penn State Outreach initiative that creates personalized pathways to success for every learner. We believe that community and future readiness is achieved when learners – regardless of their zip code, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability level – are able to develop the skills, attitudes, and values needed to design and lead in matters personal, professional, and public.
The Readiness Institute at Penn State Summer Program is a six-week experience for rising high school seniors in the Pittsburgh region that aims to prepare every learner to become community and future ready. Participants will establish relationships and rituals, complete project sprints to solve real-world problems, and reflect, share, and plan a personalized roadmap. After the program, learners have access to further support including mentorship, learning experiences, connections with their peers, networking, and our growing Alumni Network.
About this role:
We are currently looking to hire a full-time Alumni Network Coordinator to provide ongoing support for Readiness Institute Summer Program alumni as the program grows and expands. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Readiness Institute, the Readiness Institute Alumni Network Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, documenting, and managing alumni communication and engagement across multiple channels, planning in-person, hybrid, and virtual networking events, and providing alumni with unique and innovative opportunities for engagement.
The Readiness Institute Alumni Network Coordinator will work closely with the Readiness Institute Summer Program learners, instructors, and staff, building relationships with learners that will help increase student success in high school and beyond. The Readiness Institute Alumni Network Coordinator will also be responsible for cultivating relationships with education, industry, and community partners who are passionate about the mission of the Readiness Institute and are committed to providing our alumni with opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as to give back to the region and their communities.
- Coordinate far-reaching impact through creative responses to emerging needs and opportunities, cultivating relationships with education, industry, and community partners to provide alumni with opportunities for personal and professional growth and community involvement
- Plan in-person, hybrid, and virtual networking events that offer alumni learners mentoring opportunities, paid career explorations, access to career pipeline opportunities, and more
- Support existing alumni and develop systems and structures to support the full alumni network as it grows and expands
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to improve the communication and link between Readiness Institute staff and Summer Program alumni, including communication between different classes of alumni
- Implement digital communication strategies to increase alumni engagement and reach of the alumni network
- Match alumni with internships and job opportunities, and develop a searchable database for alumni to find and identify potential future opportunities
- Adhere to all organizational and university site policies and procedures
- Proactive response to any issues or concerns involving students, families, alumni, and/or staff
- Maintain a safe environment for all participants, in accordance with Penn State policies and CDC Covid-19 guidelines
Typically requires a Bachelors Degree plus two (2) years of related experience. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A successful Alumni Network Coordinator…
- Has experience working with and respect for students from diverse backgrounds, and experience with multicultural conflict resolution
- Is passionate about education and helping students explore and identify their individualized educational pathway
- Possesses the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Is patient and supportive with students, families, alumni, and colleagues
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, intercultural, and problem-solving skills
- Must work effectively in both independent and team environments
- Is creative and a self-starter
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and applications, and has a working knowledge of generating, preparing, and maintaining reports, spreadsheets, and databases
The following clearances must be successfully completed for this position:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History-
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check
This is a limited term position funded for one year from date of hire with the possibility of refunding.