Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
SXSW EDU is one of the most well known education conferences in the world, attracting up to 10,000 people from around the world for four days of compelling sessions, in-depth workshops, engaging learning experiences, film screenings, networking opportunities, and more.
Pittsburgh’s learning innovators have had a presence at SXSW EDU for more than a decade, and thanks to the festival’s user-generated session proposal and selection platform PanelPicker, you can help ensure that our community is in the spotlight for SXSW EDU 2023.
Visit the PanelPicker website and cast your votes before August 21, 2022 to help these session proposals land a spot in the SXSW EDU program:
- AI Assisted Assessments of Learners & Educators: Personalized Learning Squared will discuss the current state AI assessments, observe practical limitations, and teach participants how to build Human-AI interfaces that will augment human grading and evaluation abilities.
- An “Intelligent Tutor” for Every Student: Artificial intelligence is powering more effective, scalable and less expensive tutoring models – redefining an evidence-based way to increase learning. Join this panel to learn about new intelligent tutoring systems that are drastically reducing the cost of high quality tutoring – and dramatically increasing access for all students.
- Dreaming into Learning Futures: Remake Learning alum Sunanna Chand, now leader of the Reinvention Lab at Teach for America, leads a participatory conversation about learning futures along with KnowledgeWorks.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Teaching: Academic Growth: Penn Hills Charter School of Entrepreneurship will introduce teachers to the entrepreneurial mindsets that are utilized to help students in grades K-8 develop academically, socially and emotionally.
- Family Engagement: A Statewide Strategy: The West Virginia Statewide Afterschool Network did not have much funding, but they had great partners. Learn how WVSAN, 21st Century Community Learning Centers & Child Care administrators teamed up in a statewide strategy to engage families.
- MuseumLab: The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh and architecture firm Koning Eizenberg will use MuseumLab, a historic library turned museum for older kids, to explore the intersection of classroom and museum learning, reuse of historic buildings, designing for learning spaces, and creative problem solving in architecture.
- Pop District: The Andy Warhol Museum presents Pop District, a physical and programmatic expansion of the museum. This session will show how The Pop District will comprehensively transform Pittsburgh’s eastern North Shore through the power of arts, creativity, and economic development.
- Social Emotional Learning & Robotics: BirdBrain Technologies shares concrete, classroom-ready ideas and resources for using CS as an engaging, hands-on way to help students develop and strengthen the soft skills they’ll need to become strong citizens, teammates, and leaders.
- WIN: The Workforce Innovation Now Program (WIN) curriculum is on a roll in Western Pennsylvania, leveraging the power of community partnerships to help educate, engage, and empower students to make informed career choices.
Do you have a session listed on PanelPicker but not on this list? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to the list!