Calling those who want to inspire and mentor young people, hone their leadership skills in a supportive environment, and join a vibrant network of residents, organizations, and community leaders who are dedicated to strengthening communities!
Homewood Children’s Village (HCV) AmeriCorps is an 11-month service program that places members in dynamic learning environments. HCV AmeriCorps Members provide academic support to K-12 students during the school day and connect them with engaging activities after school. The presence of HCV AmeriCorps Members within schools, out-of-school-time programs, and in the community helps provide positive social reinforcement for students, increases engagement with learning, and connects children and families to programs and supports in the community.
August 23, 2022 – July 1, 2023
Professional Development Coaching (Mentorship)
Each HCV AmeriCorps member works with a staff member or partner from a local organization to identify post-program education and/or employment goals. Members and coaches meet regularly to determine appropriate strategies and track progress.
- A pre-tax monthly living allowance of up to $2,000 (paid bi-weekly throughout the service term)
- A $4,441.50 SEGAL Education Award paid upon program completion
- Eligibility for forbearance on student loans that are federally backed, in the member’s name, and not in default
- All or a portion of the interest on student loans placed in forbearance that accrued during the term of service is paid by the program if the member successfully completes the term of service.
- 24/7 access to the AmeriCorps Member Assistance Program (MAP)
- 17 years of age (with parental permission) or older
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- High school diploma/GED’
- Able to pass criminal background check
Click here to learn more about how Homewood Children’s Village is reweaving the fabric of the Homewood, Wilkinsburg, and Lincoln-Leminton communities.