Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Founded in 1999, BUILD’s mission is to ignite the power of youth in under-resourced communities to build career success, entrepreneurial mindsets, and opportunity.
BUILD’s unique program offers students in middle and high school access to engaging entrepreneurial experiences designed to develop 21st-century skills and motivate student engagement. Through these experiences, BUILD helps students become the CEO of their own lives.
They are building entrepreneurial mindsets and skills for youth in communities that are underserved, overlooked, and underestimated. With a more than 20-year proven track record of providing an award-winning and innovative entrepreneurship program, BUILD is uniquely positioned to build a new generation of entrepreneurs.
Reporting directly to the National Director, School, and Community Partnerships, the Founding Director will be responsible for leading, designing, and implementing the BUILD Pennsylvania annual and long-range strategy, for securing new school, community, and distribution partnerships, as well as revenue from a variety of sources, including foundations, corporations, individuals and events. The Founding Director will manage a current budget of $300K, which is funded for four years by the Richard King Mellon Foundation and is expected to grow revenue to a $600K/year budget by the fourth year. This position requires a high level of drive and passion for BUILD’s work, and the ability to operate in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment where innovation and creativity are valued and expected.
While this position is in start-up mode, it will have support from key National staff members and teams. This position will liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders at BUILD to cultivate a culture of teamwork, excellence, collaboration and learning among existing and future BUILD sites and community partners. This position will manage the Senior Program Manager, PA.
Strategy and Growth
- Establish a three-year growth plan to meet annual and long-term objectives including revenue, in-kind donations, external affairs, and program
- Explore and launch earned revenue opportunities for programming based on demand and community needs. This will contribute to the annual revenue goal.
- Explore avenues to grow programming with additional class sections, schools, community centers, and districts
- Form and manage an Entrepreneur Education Advisory Council who will help advance an Entrepreneurial Education Ecosystem
- Research, solicit, and close new partnerships with district leaders, school administrators and community based organizations
- On an annual basis, meet with partners, discuss the continuation of the partnership and process renewal
- Manage, and professionally develop local staff, currently consisting of one Senior Program Manager, to ensure effective program implementation
- Oversee the formation, execution of events and activities in collaboration with the National Director, School and Community Partnerships and Senior Program Manager
- Working in collaboration with the Senior Program Manager, ensure the effective implementation of BUILD volunteer programming, including co-planning, co-facilitation, and evaluation of volunteer engagements
- Recruit and support training for volunteers from each corporate partner and participate actively in programmatic events
- Collaborate with other regions to provide trainings and coach facilitators in using effective instructional practices, including experiential learning, for under-resourced youth
- Participate in regional educational working groups and events, as needed, to enhance BUILD’s regional impact and presence
- Collaborate internally on special projects and provide leadership on cross-functional teams
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Lead and effectively implement individual, corporate, and grant fundraising strategy and program that yield:
- Sustainable pipelines of volunteers
- In-kind donations (i.e. office supplies or food)
- Event space and sponsorship
- Secure additional revenue of $150K in FY23, $200K in FY24 and $250K in FY25.
- In collaboration with our National Philanthropic team, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of major gift and foundation prospects
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. BUILD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position