Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Pittsburgh FAB Institute is open to all teachers who want to learn about digital fabrication, including ANY elementary or secondary teacher or administrator who wants to create a makerspace or incorporate making and project-based learning into their classroom!
Participants can range from beginners to experts. Participants will learn the following skills to implement at the elementary, middle, and high school levels:
- Computer-Aided Design (2D and 3D)
- Computer-controlled cutting (laser and CNC Router)
- Electronics production
- Computer-controlled machining
- Embedded programming
- 3D scanning/printing
- Project development
- 8:00 – 9:00 am — Keynote Speakers
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm — Making Session
- 12:00 – 12:45 pm — Lunch
- 12:45 – 3:45 pm — Making Session
- 3:45 – 4:00 pm — Challenge Me! Gallery Walk
- 4:00 – 9:00 pm — Open Lab (Optional)
The FAB Institute is free to attend. Act 48 credits available.