Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Join the Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children for a virtual day of learning hosted with the support of the University of Pittsburgh School of Education, UPMC, and the Eye and Ear Foundation of Pittsburgh.
Envision 2022 will bring together a global community of learners who share a passion for and an interest in the education and advocacy of individuals who have blindness and visual impairment.
Keynote speakers Dr. José-Alain Sahel, Dr. Alkiviades Liasis, and Dr. Ken Nischal of UPMC will kick off the day of learning with a panel discussion regarding current Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI) medical research practices.
Additionally, mental-health experts, special educators, researchers, innovators, parents, students, and any individual with an interest in learning will gather virtually to connect and share the greatest assets and the biggest hurdles surrounding the themes of:
- Cortical Visual Impairment
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- The Arts
Sessions under each theme will address the following:
- How might we raise awareness and advocacy of current research and practices surrounding Cortical Visual Impairment?
- How might Social Emotional Learning be leveraged to benefit the educational experience of our students?
- How might a prioritization on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging further support our community?
- How might the Arts support and celebrate individuals that are blind or visually impaired?
This is an open invitation to any individual who wishes to participate in Envision 2022.