Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Richard King Mellon Foundation is pleased to share four Requests for Proposals (RFPs) that address pressing needs experienced by Allegheny and Westmoreland county residents of all ages. Information about RFP application timelines and process can be found on the Foundation’s RFP webpage.
Three of these RFPs invite nonprofits and public-sector partners to apply for funding to serve children and young adults up to age 24 years old.
- Children’s and Young Adults’ Mental Health: This RFP addresses the barriers that make it difficult for children and young adults who reside in lower income households in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties to access prevention, detection, and early intervention mental health services.
- PreK through grade 12 Attendance: This RFP aims to ensure that children who are enrolled in early childhood education or grades K-12 and who reside in lower income households in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties can achieve a 90% attendance record or greater.
- Postsecondary Education Attainment: This RFP aims to expand the number of young adults ages 14 to 24 years old who are from lower income households in Allegheny and Westmoreland counties enroll in and complete postsecondary education and maximize the economic benefit that these students gain from their postsecondary education. For the purposes of this RFP, postsecondary education includes any type of college education, occupational training, or skills development that occurs after one obtains a high school diploma or GED and that results in a certification, diploma, or degree.
One of these RFPs invites nonprofits, public-sector partners, and for-profit companies to apply for funding to serve adult workers ages 25 years and older.
The Richard King Mellon Foundation continues to welcome proposals outside of the RFPs that are aligned with other aspects of the Foundation’s strategy through its online application. Organizations can apply for funding at any time using the Foundation’s online application portal.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2022. Noon (12pm) EST: Applications are due. All applications must be completed through our online portal.
- Thursday, June 30, 2022: Funding status notification
- Friday, July 15, 2022: Funds issued for awarded grants*
- Friday, September 9, 2022 Noon (12pm)EST: Applications are due. All applications must be completed through our online portal.
- Wednesday, December 21, 2022: Funding status notification
- Friday, December 23, 2022: Funds issued for award grants*