Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Venture Outdoors is hiring a Fishing Program Manager. This role will report to the Director of Youth Education and support the organization by managing and facilitating fishing and kayaking programs through the pilot of Pittsburgh’s First Catch Center. This position is supported by an 18-month grant from the PA Fish & Boat Commission and Richard King Mellon Foundation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the First Catch pilot program, which will conduct fishing and boating experiences in under-represented communities, targeting young adults
- Execute 50+ fishing and kayaking experiences at Venture Outdoors’ concessions/facilities and in pop-up locations throughout the greater Pittsburgh region
- Work collaboratively with the PA Fish & Boat Commission to successfully lift and operate the First Catch Center
- Collaborate with partner organizations to facilitate educational experiences
- Manage Trianglers, the free weekly lunchtime fishing program
- Recruit participants to complete in the PA Fish & Boat Fishing Skills Instructor certification course and Venture Outdoors’ Outdoor Leadership Training course
- Train and lead Outdoor Educators on fishing and kayaking trips
- Track grant program deliverables and write grant interim and final reports; ensure grant deliverables are being met
- Seek out and fundraise additional revenue (by writing grants, activity fees, etc.) to sustain fishing programs after the 18 month grant ends
- Book group experiences, create service agreements, and collect payments
- Drive company vehicles with/without trailers
- Transport, store, clean, and maintain fishing and kayaking gear
- Be an ambassador for Venture Outdoors
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience fishing and kayaking
- Experience teaching or facilitating with a group of youth or adults
- Grant management experience
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work on diverse teams or with a diverse range of people
- Ability to troubleshoot on the job problems finding creative solutions
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines in a continually changing work environment
- Ability to work well independently and be a part of a team
- Ability to take initiative and produce results
- Dedicated and committed to the mission of Venture Outdoors
Application submission deadline is 8:00 AM on Monday, April 18, 2022.
See the full job listing and submit a resume, cover letter, and list of references at ventureoutdoors.org/about/employment-opportunities.