Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
During this 6-week, full-time, research experience, Grade 6 – 12 STEM teachers work with a Penn State faculty member on an authentic research project and receive professional development virtually by the Penn State Center for Science and the Schools (CSATS) to help translate the experience to the classroom.
Teachers will conduct their research either in-person or virtually based on the research placement and the teacher’s location. There are a variety of placements to choose from, but teachers will be placed based on their areas of interest and courses taught. The locations of in-person placements vary, most placements are available virtually.
Time commitment will vary depending on placement, but the commitment expectation is 40 hours/week.
- $5000 stipend for the summer program and developing a classroom research project to implement during the academic year
- $1500 stipend for implementing the classroom research project with students during the academic year
- Option to present at M.J. Murdock Partners in Science Conference in San Diego, CA, January 2023
- Receive up to $1000 stipend for materials and resources needed to implement the classroom research project
- Opportunity to earn up to 3 graduate credits through Penn State (SCIED 597) – ask about this!
- April 17
For any questions, email Matt Johnson at email@example.com.