Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
BUILD is made up of a diverse, results-driven, and passionate team that believes in the potential of every student and the power of entrepreneurship to transform the education landscape. They work in a collaborative environment where perseverance, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit are encouraged and celebrated.
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will play a frontline role in BUILD’s launch in the Pittsburgh Metro Area. The SPM will make history by helping to build a high-quality presence in the area and expand to other areas in Pennsylvania and, potentially, beyond. Reporting to the National Director of School and Community Partnerships, the SPM will develop strong partnerships with schools and community-based organizations, creating and delivering high-quality teacher and volunteer training in Allegheny, Westmoreland, and Pittsburgh Districts.
The SPM will build organizational capacity by training a volunteer workforce and will liaise with multiple stakeholders to cultivate a culture of teamwork, excellence, collaboration, and learning among existing and future partners. Working in collaboration with the Director of Partnership Development, Satellite Program Director, and other BUILD staff, the SPM will ensure that each partner site is operating effectively and will support the cultivation and maintenance of new school partnerships. This role serves as the lead for balancing program quality, consistency, efficiency, and student-centered innovation delivered by educators and volunteers. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who is excited about leveraging their skills in serving an entrepreneurial ecosystem, training adults, and managing projects in a supportive, collaborative, start-up culture.
- BA or BS degree in education or youth development, or related field or commensurate experience required. Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of classroom teaching experience or direct service working with youth
- Experience with training, coaching and managing adult volunteers
- Experience with entrepreneurship education and experiential education preferred; partnership development a plus
- High cultural competence with experience serving diverse populations and students from under-resourced communities
- Self-starter thrives in a fast-paced environment. Startup experience is a plus
- 15% travel for regional and national gatherings; school visits to each partner at least three times a year, as conditions allow, and pending COVID-19 developments
- BUILD requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable accommodations based on a qualifying medical exemption or sincerely held religious beliefs are being considered in accordance with applicable law
Successful candidates will demonstrate BUILD’s Core Values and competencies through a combination of previous education/work experiences:
- Full Time/Exempt
- Location: Pittsburgh, PA area
- 15% travel between local/school sites is required, so employees should have their own vehicle for transportation (valid proof of insurance required). Mileage for work-related travel beyond the normal commute will be reimbursed at the stipulated IRS rate. Occasional travel is required during the year for visits to BUILD sites and gatherings nationally. (All travel requirements pending COVID-19 developments.)
The salary for the Senior Program Manager, Pittsburgh role ranges from $70,000 – $75,000 in accordance with BUILD’s equity-focused salary bands. BUILD offers a competitive benefits package for eligible employees. This includes employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, employer-paid life insurance, and a 403(b) plan with match. In addition, eligible BUILD employees qualify for generous vacation, sick time, paid Federal holidays, and a flexible work environment.
COVID-19 Commitment to Safety:
BUILD requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable accommodations based on a qualifying medical exemption or sincerely held religious beliefs are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume. Applicants will receive an automated acknowledgment and BUILD will contact all applicants that meet the requirements of the role. BUILD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.