Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Communitopia’s Director of Education will oversee all aspects of their district level and teacher-facing programs. This includes leading their Climate Change Teacher Fellowship program, facilitating climate action planning with school districts, advocating for the passing of school board approved climate action resolutions, designing, implementing, and tracking outcomes of all projects, developing content, materials, marketing strategy, promotion, and visibility of the programs, as well as networking and creating strategic partnerships to normalize and formalize transformative climate change education in the Pittsburgh-region.
Salary and Benefits
- This position will be approximately 40 hr/week and includes benefits, at a competitive rate of pay between $40-$50k/year, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 10 paid observed holidays (8 organizational holidays, 2 floating holidays)
- 12 days paid time off
- A healthcare stipend ($250/month)
- A work from home stipend ($50/month)
- This position is a one-year grant-funded position to end one year from start date with a possibility of renewal pending performance and continuation of funding
- Ideal candidate will be available to start in March 2022
- Please apply online by submitting a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references by January 31, 2022