Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Tune in for the Teaching Artist Substitute Initiative presented by Arts Ed Collaborative and the Creative Learning Network!
During the spring of 2021, the AEC team worked with a cohort of teaching artists to investigate what a teaching artist might need to know and do to work as a substitute teacher. This effort is supported by The Grable Foundation’s Tomorrow Campaign and addresses three regional challenges:
- A serious substitute teacher shortage experienced in school districts across the region
- Insufficient and inequitable access to arts learning opportunities with professional artists during the school day
- Instability within the teaching artist profession and need for better paying and longer-term employment opportunities
- Free training through the Guest Substitute Teacher Program hosted by Allegheny Intermediate Unit
- $300 stipend when training is complete to cover the cost of
- Field Guide filled with lesson ideas and classroom strategies to support arts integration across creative disciplines and grade levels
- Get connected with a school district open to exploring news way to increase arts learning during the school day
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (any subject area)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Available for mandatory in-person training on Nov. 5th 1-5pm