Save the Date: 2021 Virtual STEM Summit
Join The Pittsburgh Technology Council and Fortyx80 for this innovative, student-driven event that features big names in the world of tech and a diverse array of science, technology, engineering and math related careers that are available in southwestern Pennsylvania.
In this virtual model, students will begin by gaining access to remarkable experiences with leaders in the STEM industry. In addition, students will have the unique opportunity to serve as student hosts, participate through interactive Q & A, and embark on adventures into the workings of the industry.
Who Should Attend?
• K-12 educators, administrators and guidance counselors
• Elementary students, middle school students and high school students
• College/University educators, students, administrators and career counselors
• Business Leaders – Future Employers
You can join in on our virtual STEM Summit:
-LIVE through zoom and to give students the chance to engage and ask questions.
-RECORDED versions of the live broadcast to show to multiple classes.
-Both! Join live from 1:00-1:45PM and then show the recording.
The webinar will begin with an introduction of the company and speaker being featured on the day’s STEM Summit.
Student hosts from participating school districts will ask:
• What was your professional pathway?
• What other roles and professions work within the company?
• What do you love about their job?
• What is your greatest professional accomplishment?
• If a student was interested in this career, what advice would you have for them?
Speaker will toss a question out to the students for them to answer using polling (3-4 times) throughout the talk. This will include yes/no, true/false, and multiple choice.