Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Mindful Connections™ is Awaken Pittsburgh’s proprietary 20-hour program designed to help you create a space for mindfulness and meditation in your own life and with the youth you serve. It will allow you to become more confident, focused and grounded, every day. These courses are offered virtually.
Learn how to:
- Cope with daily stressors
- Become more resilient
- Increase compassion and empathy
- Develop your own regular mindfulness practice
The course includes the following topics:
- Basic introduction to mindfulness
- The research that supports mindfulness
- Dealing with difficult emotions and events
- Understanding and improving relationships
- Mindful communication
- Conflict resolution
- Forgiveness and gratitude
When: Two courses will be offered; both will run for 9 sessions.
- 9 Wednesdays, January 13 – March 10 from 6:30-8:00pm (EST)
- 9 Saturdays, February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 10th from 11:00am to 12:30 pm (EST)