Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
- The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manage
The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager alongside the Early Learning, Child Development and Education Director will assist in the administration and supervision of the Early Learning Child Care center including preschool, PreK, and school-age programs in accordance with YWCA Greater Pittsburgh Early Learning Child Development and Education Program policies. The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager will be in compliance with state and federal regulations; train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; perform regularly scheduled teaching assignments. The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Manager will have a direct impact on the YWCA mission and the lives of the students/families that access services at our Homewood and Propel locations. The Early Learning, Child Development and Education Programs Manager must have the ability to manage change, deal with situations as they arise; work independently or as part of a team; have good written and verbal communication skills.
An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or the human services field and 3 years of experience with children. Experience in managing an early learning facility; comprehending, and applying the PA Keystone STARS standards, DHS regulations, and CACFP guidelines; experience in proposal writing, budget development and record keeping are also preferred.
- After-School STEM Educator
Women, especially women of color, are under-represented in STEM fields. YWCA Greater Pittsburgh works to address this disparity by providing after school STEM (“Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics”) education for girls in the Greater Pittsburgh area. Our instructors work to nourish girls’ interests in STEM, improve their in-school performance, and equip them with the workforce and life skills they need to thrive.
- Work with youth from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Create a virtual learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic and social potential by implementing leadership, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum and/or monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of program delivery.
- Monitor and implement Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Leadership projects and programs to increase the STEM knowledge and experience for area youth.
- Role model appropriate behavior and ethics for program participants to create an effective teaching environment.
- Promote and support the mission of YWCA Greater Pittsburgh and helping youth and teen girls use their voices and achieve their dreams.
- Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
A Pre-Kindergarten Teacher works as part of a team made up of the Children and Youth Development and Education Department Director, Group Leaders, Assistant Group Leaders, Aides, Cook and clerical staff. The position ensures the coordination of quality program (PA Pre-K Counts, NAEYC and OCDEL requirements for accreditation) for 3 to 5-year-old children in the Children and Youth Development and Education Department. This is a 10-month position.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ECE certification from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education or child development with proof of teacher plan to achieve ECE certification.
- Act 33/34 clearances, fingerprinting, National Sex Offender Registry Clearance, and criminal background checks as well as Mandated Reporter.
- Group Supervisor
A Group Supervisor works as part of a team made up of the Children and Youth Development and Education Department Director, Group Supervisors, Assistant Group Supervisors, Aides, Van Drivers, Cook and clerical staff. The group supervisor ensures the coordination of quality program (in particular NAEYC and/or Keystone STARS requirements) for all age groups in the Children and Youth Development and Education Department. Demonstrated knowledge of PA Early Learning Standards, PA Keystone STARS Program, and Environmental Rating Standards. Knowledge of NAEYC and PA DHS standards, regulations, and requirements are preferred.