Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Ever thought about working with students to help them learn STEM concepts or build STEM skills as a practitioner? Participants in the Boys and Girls Club of SWPA’s STEM Ambassadors can earn money, learn valuable skills, and finish the program ready to work in BGCWPA’s after school and summer programs with students.
As a STEM Teen Ambassador, participants will:
- Spend approximately 6 hours per week.
- Class will meet every Wednesday from 6:30 – 8:30 PM online. Other hours will be a mix of virtual, offline, and in-person programs
- Learn about why STEM skills are important for the future
- Learn how to manage youth in an after school program and how to engage them in learning
- Learn maker and STEM skills
- Receive a stipend for their time
- Be prepared for employment in one of BGCWPA or Homewood Children’s Village programs
- Gain interview and resume building experience, and other important career readiness skills
Training for STEM Teen Ambassadors begins March 3rd – May 31st.