Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Program and Systems Administrator
Undergraduate Studies-Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences – Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh – (20006411)
The incumbent will act as systems administrator for College in High School (CHS) as well as academic administrator for CHS courses. CHS is a highly successful high school/University partnership offering University of Pittsburgh courses within high schools’ curricula.
The systems administrator responsibilities include the following:
• directing all aspects of the CHS database of student and teacher data
• developing and directing the student application/registration policies and procedures for the CHS program
• hiring, training, and supervising temporary employee during registration periods.
The academic administration responsibilities include the following:
• providing recommendations for CHS strategic plan and policies as well as implementing program evaluation for accreditation
• ensuring successful partnerships by managing all support operations for a set of CHS courses
• developing and maintaining curricular knowledge for the courses
• monitoring, recording, and acting on teacher fulfillment of CHS responsibilities
• recommending academic policies to University faculty
• facilitating relationships among University faculty and high school teachers
• planning and managing yearly teacher professional development meetings
• providing assistance to University faculty, high school teachers.
Must have experience with surveys and handling data. The Dietrich School hires individuals who: foster and promote an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued; treat all individuals with respect; build collaborative working relationships with people of all different backgrounds; and practice equitable treatment and opportunity for all individuals.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ teaching experience preferred. Excellent computer skills, interpersonal skills, composure, self-initiative, and teamwork are essential. Strong organizational skills are very important and experience in an educational setting is preferred. The following PA Act 153 clearances and background checks will be required prior to commencement of employment and as a condition of continued employment: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.