Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
South Fayette Township School District is seeking a Director of Innovation, Strategic Partnership, and Instructional Technology. Applications are due at 4:00 PM November 2, 2020
Please submit a letter of interest and resume along with your South Fayette Application to:
Please note: E-mail Subject Line must include LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, POSITION
Internal and External Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. November 2, 2020, or until the position is filled
- To scan the broader landscape for innovative curricular content, instructional approaches, materials, and infrastructure that could provide students with a competitive edge in the global community.
- To curate identified innovative approaches and develop strategic plans for implementing within the District in ways aligned to the District’s strategic plan.
- To oversee the implementation of innovative approaches, evaluate effectiveness, and scale as appropriate throughout the District.
- To build and sustain partnerships with businesses, universities, nonprofit organizations, other districts, and professional organizations that offer synergistic collaborative opportunities.
- To create innovative programming and leverage partnerships to contribute to the educational research base.
- To create systems of support building capacity towards innovation in the classroom.
- Possess an advanced degree(s) in education, technology, entrepreneurship, or related field and proven experience. A doctorate degree preferred.
- An Instructional Technology Specialist Certificate preferred.
- Possess five years of work experience directly related to educational technology systems and use, instructional design, educational research, or computer science.
- Possess expert knowledge of technology for curriculum, online learning, and delivery of instruction.
- Demonstrated experience in training users at technology in an education setting.
- Demonstrated experience with grant writing, implementation, and publishing.
- Experience participating in the researcher-practitioner partnership; leadership in this space preferred.
- A strong commitment to public service and leadership experience in the fields of education, technology, nonprofits, community organizing, or business administration.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational development, strategic planning, curriculum development, and/or product development.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively design and deploy innovative initiatives, programs, or solutions that are effective and generate results.
- Ability to design and lead effective professional learning experiences for teachers and administrators.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and establish and manage a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholder groups including business, nonprofit, religious groups, and community organizers.
- Excellent project planning and management skills with an inclusive approach to team facilitation.
- Experience creating and delivering exemplary instruction in an online environment using a robust learning management system.
ESSENTIAL GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with nonprofits, businesses, universities, school districts, and other organizations to create innovative programs or policies.
- Conducts educational research and develop educational research practitioner partnerships for the efficacy of innovative programming.
- Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to showcase best practices at South Fayette to grow, maintain, and expand partnerships.
- Advises the administrative team on progress in partnership areas and developing events.
- Responsible for nimbly advancing innovation initiatives through the innovation life cycle which includes design, development, evaluation, launch, and scaling of initiatives.
- Coordinates with the administration of South Fayette School District on the communication and messaging of major partnerships and new innovative programs.
- Works directly with the community on engagement to improve or expand innovative programming.
- Performs as an entrepreneur and is empowered to proactively identify innovative policy initiatives and programs. These initiatives and programs should advance the District’s vision and address identified opportunities or challenges.
- Builds innovative programs in all aspects of the curriculum grounded in educational research to prove effectiveness.
- Continues to build on the foundation of the K-12 Computer Science curriculum.
- Directs the South Fayette Summer Institute which assists districts and teachers in transforming education through innovation.
- Directs and manages student entrepreneurial leadership opportunities.
- Participates in on-going personal Professional Development, including attending workshops on pertinent technology issues to learn new and innovative ideas that are shared with the staff for implementation.
- Actively seeks and implements professional development opportunities for the growth and development of educators.
- Serves as a liaison between the District and the Pennsylvania Department of Education for all state-related technology endeavors, initiatives, and projects.
- Remains an active member of ISTE and other appropriate organizations to enhance knowledge and applications of instructional technology and innovation in the District.
- Remains knowledgeable about new technologies and how they can support the District’s curriculum.
- Actively seeks grant opportunities for the purpose of driving progressive innovation throughout the District.
- Prepares grants and serves as the Project Manager for instructional technology and innovation-related grants/programs that may be awarded to the District.
- Leads and directs the implementation, growth, and support of the District’s Learning Management System (Canvas) to support teaching and learning.
- Leads the District’s Cyber Academy or other online learning opportunities including the use of appropriate learning management platforms for tutoring, curriculum development, content management, and others as required or needed.
- Collaborates with the Office of the Assistant Superintendent on the design of online instruction including developing and implementing best practices using technology in the classroom for teaching and learning and facilitates the use of the systems for data analysis.
- Collaborates with Director of Technology and/or Network Systems Administrator and other technology staff to support teaching and learning.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages, supervises, coordinates, and ensures execution of the strategic plan and defined policy goals as directed by the Superintendent.
- Flexible and available for emergency situations for which a role may be assigned.
- Represents South Fayette School District at key events and meetings.
- Respects and maintains the privacy of staff and students and uniqueness of each adult learner.
- Completes any other assignments designated by the Superintendent or designee.