Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
January 2021-December 2023 Term Board of Directors Position Description
Assemble, a nonprofit dedicated to fostering learning and creativity is searching for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join its Board of Directors. Ambassadors of Assemble, Board Members provide leadership in the oversight and execution of Assemble’s strategic plan in a volunteer, yet purposeful, capacity. It is important that they share Assemble’s vision for arts, STEAM education, the Maker movement, and community outreach. Board candidates should be ready to work collaboratively as part of a working Board while striving to become a governing Board. Board Members are required to participate in at least one committee, each of which meets on a monthly basis or as needed.
Vision: Assemble envisions neighborhoods of empowered, diverse people who create, connect, learn, and transform together.
Mission: We build confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologies, makers, and learners.
Assemble’s Board Members serve 3-year terms and are eligible for reappointment for additional 1-year terms for a total of 6 years. Board meetings are held 6 times a year on the odd-numbered months. Board Members are required to attend — either in-person or virtually — all 6 of the Board meetings and the Board Retreat in addition to the committee meetings. Board Members are expected to consider Assemble to be a philanthropic priority and to make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess any of the following qualifications:
Dedication towards Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, Inclusion, and Justice practices
Identifying as BIPOC, LGBTIQIA+, or as an intersectional person of oppressed identities
Experience or skills in one or more:
– Legal expertise for nonprofit organizations
– Event planning, donor fundraising, and grant-writing
– Human resources management and procedures
– Non-profit accounting, finance, and experience setting up an endowment fund
– Operations, policy development, and public health expertise
– Strategic communications and marketing Experience
– Leadership for strategic planning for growth and succession experience
– Education management experience
– Interest in taking a lead in event planning for fundraising and an ability to host creative fund- and friend-raiser events
– Interest and ability to build Assemble’s family of supporters, fans, and participants
– Connections to the Garfield/Friendship/Bloomfield community as a resident or via allied organizations
– Connections to the Technology, Art, and Creative Industries and connections for corporate support