Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Studio A is a two-and-a-half-day, peer learning experience that combines Project-Based Learning (PBL), Design Thinking, and Arts Integration. This workshop is offered by the Avonworth School District, in conjunction with LUMA Institute and Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and is made possible by the generous support of the Grable Foundation. This workshop is open to all educators and administrators.
This year’s workshop will have a particular focus on helping participants to overcome the challenges of student-to-student and teacher-to-teacher collaboration. Collaboration is a key skill for success in project-based learning. However, it can create difficulty without proper strategies and mechanics.
- Build skills and knowledge to develop interdisciplinary, project-based lessons/units
- Learn new tools in the arts to connect to the development of PBL lessons/units
- Learn new tools in design thinking
- Gain skills to scale innovative practices that do not require a large budget
- Build skills and knowledge related to student-to-student and teacher-to-teacher collaboration
- Learn new, easy to implement strategies to ensure collaboration is a positive experience