Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
In order to best support educators, the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh offers frequent Virtual Professional Development (VPD) experiences around arts and making. Engage in hands-on making, have thoughtful discussions, and collaborate with other formal and informal educators.
Making: The Best of It:
Join museum professionals to:
- Participate in four 90-minute, sessions over two days
- Engage in virtual workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Explore “nuts and bolts” of making through hands-on activities and discussions
- Use MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Earn six Act 48 credit hours (PA teachers)
Materials provided: You will be mailed (almost) everything you need
It’s recommended to attend with another educator, librarian, or administrator from your organization, so you can support each other’s efforts and implementations beyond Making: The Best of It.