Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
In order to best support educators, the Children’s Museum & MuseumLab will be offering frequent Virtual Professional Development (VPD) experiences around arts and making. Engage in hands-on making, have thoughtful discussions and collaborate with other formal and informal educators. Act 48 hours available.
Join their next upcoming session on Weaving & Geometry!
Wrap and weave alongside other educators and museum professionals and find ways to connect the process of weaving to geometry concepts. Experiment with a variety of warping and weaving techniques using different shaped looms and weaving patterns. It’s helpful, but not required for participants to have a basic understanding of weaving.
Participants should have on hand:
- Prepared loom (learn how to make a cardboard loom here—experiment with making a larger size loom)
- Pencil and paper
- Yarn or other weaving fiber (2 or more colors would be helpful if accessible)
- Alternative weaving fiber (fabric strips, plastic or mesh bag, shoelaces, flowers, herbs)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery hoop
- Flat circle object for tracing (plastic lid, roll of tape, etc.)
- “Y” or “V” shaped tree branch
- Frame loom