Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Fountas & Pinnell Literacy Continuum is the foundation for coherence in literacy instruction at each grade level across the elementary school. In this virtual institute, educators will learn how to use the Literacy Continuum as a resource when teaching reading and writing in grades K–6.
During this virtual institute, educators will learn how to use this tool to enhance their understanding of reading development. Each reader develops their competencies as they read and use phonics and word study skills. When educators and their colleagues use this common tool, they can develop a common vision, language, and goals that benefit every student and assure instructional coherence across the grades.
- Observing and analyzing reading behaviors to inform teaching
- Using the Literacy Continuum in Interactive Read Aloud and Book Discussion, Shared Reading, Guided and Independent Reading
- Using the Literacy Continuum for Phonics/Word Study
- Using the Literacy Continuum to plan for and assess the impact of teaching
Dates & Location:
This institute will be hosted virtually via live webinar sessions and on-demand learning.
- Monday, May 4, 2020: 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
- Thursday, May 7, 2020: 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
- Monday, May 11, 2020: 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
- Thursday, May 14, 2020: 10:00am – 12:00pm (EST)
- 4 hours of on-demand learning