Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Communications Project Support and Management:
Remake Learning’s STEAM and Computer Science Workgroups are seeking an independent contractor or firm to develop two publications that summarize, highlight, and promote local and national STEAM and Computer Science education and implementation.
The Contractor will lead the development, writing, design, and printing of the two publications, plus all related project management tasks. The Contractor will also be expected to maintain all Remake Learning brand and design standards within the publications. Example Remake Learning publications can be found here.
Content for the Publications:
The first publication will summarize and share the process behind Remake Learning and the University of Pittsburgh’s NSF Alliance project. Using a playbook-like format, the publication will present key findings to a national audience and relay actionable steps for others to build a pre-college program ecosystem.
The second publication will share work about local computer science education implementation. More details to come on this opportunity.
- Develop the content outline, narrative arc, and creative concept for each publication
- Identify and conduct interviews with project leads, subcontracting with additional writers as needed
- Copywrite content for publications, subcontracting with additional writers as needed
- Lead revision rounds with contributing writers
- Subcontract with graphic designer to lead publication design, providing ongoing creative direction and guidance
- Oversee the publication printing process
- Meet bi-weekly with the STEAM and Computer Science Workgroup Lead
- Work with Remake Learning representative to schedule and conduct interviews to obtain any additional follow-up information needed to fulfill the project
March 2020-June 2021
There will be two projects under this scope with two separate deliverables. Proposers will be submitting for both opportunities. The budget is not to exceed 40,000 including writing, project management, and printing.
Please submit a proposal to LaTrenda Leonard Sherrill, STEAM Ecosystem and CSforPgh Lead for Remake Learning at LaTrenda@remakelearning.org by March 6, 2020.
Proposals should include an overview of the project approach, itemized budget, description of team members, proposed timeline for deliverables, and past examples of similar projects.