Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Educator Preparation Laboratory (EdPrepLab) is hosting a webinar to examine the policies and structures needed across pre-k–12 and teacher and leader preparation to foster these deeper learning opportunities for all students across all schools. The webinar will discuss the role teachers and leaders can play in expanding teaching for deeper learning in ways that also ensure access to an equitable and social justice-oriented education.
To meet the demands of contemporary society, today’s schools must provide powerful learning environments for students that pair challenging academic content with engaging, experiential, and relevant learning experiences—and must do so in ways that reach diverse learners and promote equity.
The webinar features researchers and practitioners exploring key findings from two recent publications, Preparing Teachers for Deeper Learning and In Search of Deeper Learning. In addition to addressing policies and practices that can generate transformative deeper learning systems, participants will consider the key shifts needed from leaders and policymakers to center deeper learning within an equity and social justice context.
- Linda Darling Hammond, President and CEO, Learning Policy Institute
- Jeannie Oakes, Presidential Professor Emeritus in Educational Equity, University of California, Los Angeles, and Senior Fellow in Residence, Learning Policy Institute
- Sarah Fine, Director, Teaching Apprenticeship Program, High Tech High Graduate School of Education
- Jal Mehta, Professor of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Moderator: LaVerne Srinivasan, Vice President, National Program and Program Director, Education, Carnegie Corporation of New York