STEM Coding Lab, Inc. (SCL) is looking for a Teacher for its afterschool programs. We are looking for someone who cares about children, who wants to make a difference in their lives through providing educational opportunity and who wants to be part of a growing nonprofit in Pittsburgh, PA.
STEM Coding Lab’s mission is to provide children in underserved communities, access to computer education to better prepare them to compete in the digital world. Through engaging, hands-on activities we seek to bring computer programming to elementary & middle school students.
We are looking for an educator who enjoys spending time with children, has knowledge of classroom management and computer science and who is as passionate about providing this opportunity to children as we are. We are looking for an educator who shares our vision – a world where all children have the same opportunity to succeed regardless of income levels.
STEM Coding Lab provides after school computer programming (coding) classes to students in grades K-8. We work with the Pittsburgh Public School District and other area schools & nonprofits.
Applicants must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an educational setting
- Be a good Communicator & Collaborator
- Value the importance of building relationships
- Computer science or STEM background/or the willingness to learn computer programming
Preferred Experience in:
- Teaching in an urban setting
- Experience in writing lesson plans
- org curriculum
- Tech savvy (experience with Smartboards, Projectors, etc.)
Interested candidates should send their resume & a letter of introduction to Kathleen Conlogue at email@example.com