Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) is coming to Pittsburgh! NSTA has not been in the ‘Burgh since 1997. The conference will be held October 29–31, 2020.
The conference is currently accepting session proposals. Interested applicants can find more information here: https://www.nsta.org/conferences/sessions.aspx.
- Does the proposal clearly describe the session?
- Is the information provided in the proposal complete?
- Is the proposed session topic timely/appropriate?
- Is the proposed session based upon contemporary research, such as A Framework for K–12 Science Education?
- How does the proposed session address the Next Generation Science Standards (or other standards based on the Framework for K–12 Science Education)?
- If identified for a particular strand, does the proposed session address the corresponding criteria?
Reviewers will be looking through your whole proposal to check the completeness of the information provided but will focus on the 150–200-word summary to review its content.
TO BE CONSIDERED, SESSION PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DEADLINE. Due to space limitations, not all deserving proposals can be accommodated. Reviewers will prioritize proposals based on a balanced program (i.e., science disciplines and teaching levels) as well as the above criteria.