Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Learning circles are free study groups for people who want to take online classes together and in-person. That makes them a great option for all kinds of learning and professional development. People around the world are using learning circles to learn everything from web development to public speaking to creative writing.
Learning circle facilitators do not have to be experts, so with a little practice and training, anybody can facilitate. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is working to grow a local community of learning circle facilitators to meet our community’s diverse learning needs.
Join Nico Koenig, Peer 2 Peer University’s community lead, for an introduction to using P2PU’s tools to organize learning circles in your community. In this workshop, learn:
- How to get input from your community (whether it’s where you work or where you live) about their learning needs
- What to look for in an online course
- Using tools on P2PU’s website to organize and advertise your learning circle
- How to facilitate a Learning Circle
- How to stay connected to the Learning Circle community
And meet other people from our region who are passionate about lifelong learning, and who are interested in growing our local learning circle community.
This training is free, but space is limited, so please register by following this link.
Nico Koenig is the community lead for Peer 2 Peer University, designing community-based learning models and programs for a global network of lifelong learners.