Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Youth Express is looking for students interested in expressing their opinions, sharing ideas, and creating media. Those with a passion for podcasts, journalism, and writing are invited to apply for the Fall 2019 High School Youth Express Internship!
Students will work as part of a team to:
1. Record commentaries about issues they are passionate about.
- Ex 1: soundcloud.com/youthexpress/calvins-commentary-on-transgender-conversations
- Ex 2: soundcloud.com/youthexpress/avisheks-commentary-on-complementing-speech
2. Create audio features on under-appreciated historic events others should know about.
- Ex 3: soundcloud.com/youthexpress/january-12th-1932-presented-by-abby?in=youthexpress/sets/montour-spartan-express-2018
3. Host a documentary or podcast based on their own research and interviews.
Students will work alongside media professionals in state-of-the-art studios co-located in the Children’s Museum on Pittsburgh’s Northside. Their work will air on a network of six radio stations and youthexpress.org and also will be published across social media platforms and distributed to radio stations around the world.
Applications are now being accepted and the internship program will meet weekly beginning on Tuesday, October 15th from 3-5 pm.