Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Assemble, a nonprofit dedicated to fostering learning and creativity, is searching for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join their board of Directors. Directors provide leadership in the oversight and execution of Assemble’s Strategic Plan in a volunteer yet purposeful capacity. Board Members are the decision-makers and ambassadors of the organization. It is important that they share Assemble’s vision for arts, STEAM education, the Maker movement, and community outreach. Board candidates should be ready to help the organization grow as part of a working Board.
Directors are required to participate in at least one Committee related to the strategic plan. Assemble’s Board Members serve a 3-year term and are eligible for reappointment for additional 1-year terms for a total of 6 years. Board meetings are held 6 times a year on the odd-numbered months. Members are required to attend all 6 of the board meetings in addition to the committee meetings. Members are welcome to call-in or video conference in if they cannot be there physically. Committees meet on a monthly basis or as needed. Assemble Board of Directors should consider Assemble a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Assemble’s vision and mission as well as interested in making a difference in a start-up non-profit organization.
Vision: Assemble envisions neighborhoods of empowered, diverse people who create, connect, learn and transform together.
Mission: We build confidence through making by uniting communities of artists, technologies, makers, and learners.
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess any of the following qualifications:
- Background in mission-driven social justice or community engagement organizations
- Experience in fundraising and grant-writing; non-profit accounting and finance; human resources management and employment law; graphics and data evaluation; and/or policy development
- Interest in taking a lead in event planning for both fundraising and community outreach
- Interest and ability to host creative fund and friend-raiser events
- Interest and ability to build Assemble’s family of supporters, fans, and participants
- Connections to the Garfield/Friendship/Bloomfield community as a resident or via allied organizations
- Connections to the Technology, Art, and Creative Industries and the ability to support from their place of work
- Interest in taking on an officer or leadership position on the board
For questions regarding a position or the commitment involved, please contact Nina Barbuto at email@example.com. Those interested in joining Assemble’s Board of Directors, please send a resume and email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Prospective board members are also invited to Assemble’s upcoming happy hours: