Will today’s students be prepared to face global challenges and opportunities? The World Affairs Council’s Summer Institute provides educators with new content and tools to prepare students for an interdependent and rapidly changing world.
The 2019 Institute will feature briefings by experts on various global topics, such as:
- Global Migration
- Future of Brexit
- Middle East Dynamics
- Crisis in Venezuela
- U.S.-China Relations
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers from all content areas
- Curriculum specialists
- Pre-service teachers and education faculty
Benefits of Attending
- Get the training and the resources you need to help your students understand today’s changing world.
- Connect with professionals in the field.
- Enhance curricula to support a greater understanding of global issues.
- Earn Act 48 credit.
$40 registration fee. Breakfast and lunch are included on both days.
Please contact the World Affairs Council at 412-281-7970 or via email at welcome[at]worldpittsburgh.org.
The Summer Institute for Teachers is made possible in part through the generous support of the Henry C. Frick Educational Fund of The Buhl Foundation.