Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The ABC CREATE Connects (PAsmart grant) is seeking an independent contractor to manage tasks and responsibilities of the Grant Project Facilitator, including assisting the ongoing collaborative (ABC CREATE) initiatives and taking the lead on the targeted outcomes of the PAsmart ABC CREATE Connects grant. This person will help to push forward the new initiatives without interrupting the
work already started within the member school districts.
The Grant Project Facilitator will oversee the design and implementation of the activities and services added to ABC CREATE’s foundation allowing us to engage more teachers and more students in STEM/CS.
Scope of Work:
- Arrange CS Discoveries professional development including managing contract, procuring facilities, and related logistics
- Purchase supplies needed for professional development activities
- Engage with district partners to communicate, coordinate, and facilitate selection and logistics of participating educators in CS Discoveries and Learning Pathways activities
- Engage districts, business & industry, and government to secure participation in Education/Workforce TaskForce
- Identify training and manage registration for meeting facilitation trainings related to the Education/Workforce TaskForce
- Plan and coordinate all events related to the activities of ABC CREATE Connects
- Arrange and lead meetings and off-site collaborations
- Arrange all food and hospitality for events for the duration of the grant
- Work cooperatively with fiscal agent and school district fiscal contacts to ensure proper payment of stipends, reimbursement and other approved expenses and to complete required reporting
- Meet weekly with the ABC CREATE Coordinator to ensure smooth and efficient operation of existing and newly implemented ABC CREATE projects
- Report to the ABC CREATE Advisory Board as requested
- Other agreed upon tasks relevant to the fulfillment of the grant initiatives
Independent Contractor: The Grant Project Facilitator shall be an independent contractor of the PAsmart grant fiscal agent, Freeport Area School District. The Grant Project Facilitator is subject to direction and control of the School District and to the ABC CREATE project manager at Penn State New Kensington only as to the results to be accomplished. The means and methods for accomplishing the desired results shall be at the full discretion, skill and judgment of the Grant Project Facilitator. The School District will not deduct income, Social Security or other taxes. The Grant Project Facilitator is not entitled to receive or participate in any group insurance.
Expected commitment: $40/hour at a 20 hour/week average through June 2020.
Interested parties, please submit a cover letter, a resume/professional qualifications, and a list of three professional references to the addressee below:
Ian Magness, Superintendent
Freeport Area School District
PO Box C
Freeport, PA 16229
Review of submissions will begin immediately and will continue until contractor is hired.