Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
The Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) are K-12 science standards that focus on student learning through application rather than recitation. The NGSS were developed by nationally recognized education experts, scientists, and researchers to improve science education for all students.
Join ASSET to explore the three dimensions of learning and key instructional shifts related to implementation of the NGSS. The session will follow ASSET’s proven model for professional learning with opportunities for hands-on experiences as well as personal and collaborative sharing and reflection.
During the course, participants will explore:
- What are the NGSS and why were they developed?
- How are the NGSS different from previous standards?
- What are the key instructional shifts required of educators through NGSS?
- What are the features of an NGSS lesson?
- What is STEM in the context of NGSS?
- What are the best practices in STEM education based on NGSS?