The Educator in the Workforce program is designed for participants to experience an on-site “internship” opportunity at Duquesne Light to obtain first-hand knowledge of career opportunities within the electric utility industry. During the experience, educators will gain exposure to a wide range of careers at Duquesne Light, with a focus on skilled craft positions.
During the hands-on program, educators will be immersed in the Duquesne Light workforce and will spend two weeks learning from and participating in project simulations with experienced electric utility employees.
Highlights of the program include:
- Paid opportunity
- Ability to earn Act 48 credits
- Deliverable at completion is a lesson plan that educators will take back to their school
- All lesson plans will be shared among the cohort
- All educators will finish the program with 10-12 plans
- A prize for best lesson plan will be awarded, which can be used for school supplies
- Application – You must apply via the Duquesne Light portal and submit a resume to be considered for the program. Other submissions outside of this process will not be accepted. Educators MUST be employed by a school district or an educational support program within Duquense Light’s service territory.
- Submission of a video interview – Applicants will be invited to submit a brief video interview answering some basic questions related to the program. Invitations for the video interview will be sent via email.
- Essay submission – Selected educators will be asked to submit a short essay for final selections.
- Drug and background screens – A background check and drug screen (both urine and hair follicle) must be successfully completed.
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2019
Program dates: July 22 – August 2, 2019