Our past experiences – personal, familial, societal – influence our brain development and shape how we interpret and respond to the world. Sometimes adults do not recognize how these experiences manifest as behaviors and they unintentionally harm children. This introductory session is designed to change participants’ approach to the behaviors children exhibit to decrease the likelihood of triggering them.
- Participants will be introduced to the Trauma-Informed Care framework.
- Participants will become familiar with the foundations of Trauma-Informed Care.
- Participants will understand complex trauma and the parts of the brain related to trauma.
- Participants will learn to recognize the impacts of trauma.
A certificate of participation will be given upon request.
ELIE Circle Professional Development Training Sessions
- Trauma-Informed Care Framework
- Complex Trauma including Brain Development
- Impacts of Trauma
What Are We Bringing
- Growth Mindset
Intentionally Building Relationships
- Barriers including Race and Gender
- Techniques including Motivational Interviewing, Empathic Communication, Restorative Practices
ELIE Circle Professional Development Services
Collaboration to create training sessions for organizations
Consultation on creating trauma-informed out-of-school programs
Facilitation of discussions with Q&A
*Each customer receives a free consultation meeting to discuss organizational needs.
Contact Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw, MSW, LSW at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.