Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
PLEASE NOTE: This workshop was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 26th, but was rescheduled to Tuesday, March 19th.
What do you want your school district to be known for? How do you turn the things you know about into the things your audience will care about? What’s your story and how do you tell it?
Root + All, the creative team behind Remake Learning communications, is offering a free workshop for school leaders interested in learning how to use storytelling strategies to communicate with parents, students, teachers, funders, and others about the innovative work happening in their districts. Focused on capacity and skill building, this 3-hour workshop will leave educators and school administrators with new skills, a framework for planning their first storytelling campaign, and a kit of tools and templates to help them get started.
School district administrators, building principals, and teachers are all welcome to participate. To ensure the quality of the experience, workshop capacity is limited to 10 people and school districts are encouraged to send no more than 2 participants.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. This workshop is offered free of charge. Special thanks to Connellsville Area School District for generously hosting this workshop.
- Stories: What stories are (and aren’t) and what makes them powerful
- Strategic Storytelling: Why and how to use storytelling to raise awareness, build understanding, shift opinions, and get your audience on your side
- Storytelling in Theory: How to develop a storytelling strategy with a defined objective, clear message, target audience, and relevant platform
- Storytelling in Practice: How to source the raw materials of a story and craft them into a narrative that’s relevant and resonant for your audience
- Your Storytelling Program: How to put the pieces together and make storytelling part of your workflow