Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Educators (in-service and pre-service) from the Pittsburgh region are invited to attend the ABC CREATE STEAM Showcase on March 6th at Penn State New Kensington. Attendees can expect to:
- Gain a better understanding of the 4th Industrial Revolution/Digital Revolution
- Gonnect with inspired and inspiring colleagues
- Experience peer-led breakout sessions highlighting classroom integration of creative technologies or project-based learning
- Become familiar with ABC CREATE’s Learning Pathways
- Have time to focus on educational approaches that help students to develop skills for the 21st century
- Further explore the ABC CREATE values of equitable access, collaboration, technological fluency, and innovative teaching and learning
The showcase’s featured speaker, Dr. Joseph Cuiffi from Penn State New Kensington’s Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology program, will frame the day with his presentation “Industry 4.0 – Technologies Shaping Modern Business, Education, and Society”, which will provide a better understanding of how the Digital Revolution is shifting approaches to teaching, learning, living, and working.
A wonderful mix of showcase presentations will highlight creative classroom technologies, project-based learning, and relevant skill building for students. In addition, the showcase will include expect sessions on AR/VR/AI, Desmos, the Hummingbird Bit, entrepreneurship, social justice + the technology classroom, global competencies, STEAM/CS + Students with special needs, cross-curricular projects, School Retool, and more!
ABC CREATE’s mission is to work collaboratively to connect teachers with professional learning communities, tools, and best practices that will develop competent and technologically fluent students. The ABC CREATE STEAM Showcase 2019 is a perfect venue for actualizing ABC CREATE’s mission.