Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
Arconic is currently in search of a Program Officer to join the Arconic Foundation Resource Unit in Pittsburgh, PA.
Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
The Program Officer is responsible for developing, managing, and evaluating all Arconic Foundation Signature grants in the workforce development and STEM (science, technology, education and mathematics) Education portfolio.
- Define and manage a comprehensive grantmaking strategy that delivers optimal outcomes and ensures the maximum value to Arconic communities.
- Through effective partner relationships, ensure projects are achieving their intended results and that Foundation grant funds are being used effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the grant portfolio mix to ensure outcomes align with broader workforce development needs, partnering with Company’s Human Resources team.
- Work with Arconic Government Relations, Human Resources and the Businesses to assess public policy changes and workforce development implications for Arconic.
- In consultation with the Arconic Foundation President and Arconic Business leadership, assume responsibility for executing business action grants to recognize major business events.
- Oversee and provide counsel on local use of grantmaking funds to Arconic locations in Western PA (Arconic Corporate Center [ACC], Arconic Technology Center [ATC], and Kawneer Cranberry).
- Manage approximately $6M of Arconic Foundation Education Signature grantmaking, which includes:
- Workforce Development portfolio of grants;
- STEM portfolio of grants;
- Management of Partner relationships and related events (speaking engagements, conference, advisory meetings, etc.);
- Conduct regular program evaluations to ensure partnerships deliver results; propose programmatic changes and strategic guidance as needed.
- Build a working knowledge of national and international workforce development and STEM education trends, major players, and grant investment opportunities, and lead the Foundation response to those trends.
- Partner on ongoing basis with Communications staff to communicate program milestones, employing the full media mix – internal, external, print, digital, social, etc.
- Speak internally and externally about Arconic Foundation Education Signature programming and workforce and education topics generally. Prepare Arconic and Arconic Foundation leadership for related speaking engagements.
- Serve as point of contact between Arconic Foundation and Arconic Human Resources throughout the execution of Education Signature Programming, to ensure program relevance to the Arconic businesses and their communities.
- Partner with Human Resources to inform field HR on workforce development programs and opportunities to coordinate a focus on talent pipeline development and outcomes.
- Maintain current knowledge of Arconic’s strategic business activities in order to develop appropriate, community-specific partnerships that drive community workforce development priorities.
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Superior project and people management skills; ability to manage a portfolio of grant partners and education programs to deliver strong, measurable outcomes.
- Experience in developing workforce development programs in collaboration with for- and non-profit organizations, and education institutions.
- Experience in identifying and developing strong, results-oriented STEM education programs for K-12.
- Knowledge of labor and workforce development models (i.e. apprenticeships, training, and other education)
- Exceptional outcome orientation and demonstrated track record of producing results
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and experience in developing scorecards and measurement tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven business orientation
Ability to navigate and build constructive relationships in a heavily matrixed organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to influence others in a positive and constructive fashion
- Excellent customer service orientation (“customer” defined as all stakeholders, including Arconic employees and management)
- Budgeting experience
- Proven experience in creating shared value
- Experience working with or for nonprofit organizations
- Approximately 25% travel, mostly domestic USA