Developed by experienced teachers and content experts, the National Math and Science Initiative (NSMI)’s Laying the Foundation Program provides teachers of grades 3-12 with the training, support, and resources they need to drive student achievement and facilitate their progression toward advanced coursework in high school.
NMSI’s Laying the Foundation Program equips educators with the content knowledge and instructional know-how they need to set high classroom expectations and shift students to advanced levels of thinking and learning as early as grade 3, all the way through high school.
- March 22-23, 2019
- 8:30am – 3:00pm
- Pittsburgh Public Schools Professional Development Center
1400 Crucible Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
- For math, science, and English teachers
Click HERE to register by February 28.
Elements of Success:
- Hands-on training that allows teachers to experience learning from the student’s perspective.
- Content-rich lessons with clear outcome goals and suggested teaching strategies.
- Classroom exercises that allow teachers of all experience levels to relate math and science concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Tools to help monitor student understanding of complex concepts that are critical to rigorous coursework in higher grades.
- Opportunities for educators to collaborate, learn new techniques and receive feedback from peers.