Past Event or Opportunity
This opportunity has concluded. This page’s content may be out-of-date.
littleBits is an easy to teach and easy to learn resource that engages students through making and game design. This session is designed for teachers of grades 3–12 (all subject areas), although all teachers are welcome to come and experience the possibilities. While easy to use with younger students, littleBits are versatile enough to be integrated into older grades as well.
Presented by teacher and ABC CREATE Fellow Cathy Favo, this workshop will offer hands-on experience with the littleBits coding kits and connect teachers across local districts to collaborate in planning and implementing lessons. No experience necessary!
What to Expect
- Gain an understanding of coding and its place in STEM education.
- Become familiar with littleBits pieces and parts.
- Explore online resources and lessons.
- Walk through some littleBits introductory lessons, assembling projects, and completing coding exercises.
- Work with other teachers to plan for implementation and class projects.
- Enhance capacities for making and coding (no matter what your experience level may be).